Are long drives to your urology appointments cutting into your weekly schedule or causing unnecessary stress? Do you live in southern Arkansas, but the expert you need is located in central Arkansas? Arkansas Urology is excited to offer a new service and solution to our patients — telehealth.
BOOK A TELEMEDICINE APPOINTMENT HERE
WHAT IS TELEMEDICINE?
Telemedicine is the exchange of medical information from one site to another with the use of electronic communications. Arkansas Urology now offers an option that will allow you to attend a medical appointment with your provider via secure and interactive video equipment. This will allow you to speak with your provider during your telemedicine appointment without having to make the long drive to your provider’s office.
Who qualifies for telemedicine services?
To qualify for telehealth, you should have the following conditions:
- Kidney stones with imaging already done
- Prescription refill appointments
- Active Surveillance (just PSA check)prostate cancer
- UTI with confirmed culture
- Survivorship for Prostate Cancer (just coming for PSA check)
- Low T follow up consultations to review labs
- Erectile dysfunction follow up consultations
- Over active bladder follow up consultations
- Elevated PSA follow up
For a telemedicine visit, patients will need to have a computer, tablet or smart -phone with video and audio capabilities.
HOW CAN IT BENEFIT ME?
We know how busy life can be. Telehealth services will allow a variety of patients to save time, money and energy without having to switch healthcare providers due to location. All video sessions are safe, secure, encrypted and follow the same privacy guidelines as traditional, in-person medical appointments. Sessions are never recorded and always kept confidential. Arkansas Urology is happy to offer a service that will bring even more convenience to our patients.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Scheduling and attending a telemedicine appointment is a lot like doing so for a traditional appointment. Things to remember include:
- Schedule your appointment as you usually would by phone, in-clinic or online, and always remember to cancel any appointment you won’t be able to attend within 24 hours of your appointment time. You will no longer be eligible to schedule telemedicine appointments if you don’t show up for 2 consecutive appointments without properly canceling.
- On the day of your appointment, you will check-in at the Arkansas Urology location you scheduled your telemedicine appointment at, just as you would for a traditional appointment. You will then be escorted into the telemedicine patient room for a video session with your urologist.
- Arkansas Urology staff members will answer any questions you have before and after your video session, and any prescribed medications will be available for pick up directly from the pharmacy of your choice after your appointment. The telehealth patient exam will replicate a traditional, in-person exam as closely as possible. The room is positioned in a way that allows the provider to adequately observe and view the patient during the telemedicine visit. If a patient misses an appointment and needs a prescription refill or has any questions about his or her medication, the patient should contact Arkansas Urology at 501-219-8900 within 72 hours prior to running out of medication.
Do you think telemedicine services would benefit you or someone you love? If so, don’t hesitate to reach out to us for more information. We’re happy to answer questions, explain the telemedicine process in more detail, and share more information before you schedule your first appointment. Contact us today to schedule an appointment with one of our professionals, or book an appointment online in minutes.